Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lemons and Lemonade

The old saying is "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade". Yesterday was one of those days. I had planned to get the shop ready for business, have breakfast, drop by Michael's (for a frame for a picture) and Barnes & Noble, then the grocer and finally home to enamel and look at some fan fic. But...when I got to the shop, the main computer refused to turn on. After trying a variety of things, I phoned my computer guru - Dale. Within 20 minutes, I had the CPU unplugged and in the back of my car and we were on our way north. Dale finished replacing the power supply and I was back on the road by 9:35 am (the store opens at 10am). I got the computer into the door and everything powered up and ready to go by 10:15 am or so. Then I left to start my day.
Breakfast wasn't going to happen, so I dropped by Michael's and decided against the frame that they had available there, then I went to lunch, got what I needed at the grocer, and then home. I was home by 12:30pm, started the kiln, fired some pieces that I had been hired to fire, and got three hours of enameling in late in the afternoon. I also did three loads of laundry.
Today I have a headache and I don't feel great, but I'm on my own at the shop today because Chickie has the day off. So, any physical problems on my end will be put aside and I'll deal with things tonight. But I really would like nothing more than crawling back into bed for an eight hour sweat to get this little seasonal bug out of my system. Hopefully I'll feel more on-keel tomorrow.

No comments: