Monday, October 19, 2009

Glass and Fire

What is it about glass that fascinates me so? I think it is the color and the fact that I can melt and form it. I love beadwork - after all, it has been my primary media for most of my life. But there is something so satisfying about painting with glass.
The wires were fused into the disks and I was able to start laying in colors on Saturday night. After the first firing of Laurelin, I think I'll be very happy with it. The first run of colors is fabulous. I'm placing a sunrise sky behind this tree and the bright oranges, sultry purples, pinks and roses, and glows of bright gold are wonderful. I'll put true 24kt gold in the "fruits" and the tree itself is "tea", a nice lighter brown, with golden highlights. The ground of Ezellohar is in varying colors of green, from light darkening to dark at the base of the hill. I think I'll continue work on Laurelin first and do Telperion afterwards. Telperion will be done in silvers.
And we went to the Rock Show yesterday. The PMC demo was OK, he uses a lot of molds, something that I don't use a lot. I bought some very nice slabs of agates and ran into a lot of people that I know. Primarily among them were my sister-in-law, my nephew and his youngest daughter, Emma. Also, VerLaine and her mom Claire, and my customers Amy and Gerry. For a small show, I certainly ran into many people - LOL. Then we dropped by Minnesota Fabric to find a grey wool for DH's cloak - but they didn't have one that worked well for us so I didn't buy anything this coupon. And finally we went to TGIFriday's for dinner. The Vikings won again, so DH is happy. Denver plays tonight - I hope that we can also keep our unbeaten status :-)

No comments: