Saturday, October 17, 2009

Focus...Focus...

Well, DH wasn't tired so he drove through the night, arriving at 5:30 am instead of 5:30 pm. After catching up on a little sleep, he worked for the remainder of the day and then went to sleep again right after dinner. It's good to have him back, but it also afforded me the opportunity to get my wires fused properly onto my silver disks. And happily that worked also. It took me a couple of hours to get the wires transferred from my mock-up drawings, curved to match the dome of the silver disk and then transferred and fused in, but it worked. The wires are now in place and I'm ready to start applying color. I'm relieved and delighted to be able to move on to the next phase.
Today will be a busy day at the shop and then I can relax for the night and for Sunday. We will go to the Minnesota Mineral Club's show on Sunday - I am really looking forward to it. I'll have to remember to look through the slabs that I already have so I don't duplicate too much. I'll also have to check my cash - I really don't have a lot of spare money to be able to buy any additional slabs with, but it's impossible to resist beautiful stone :-)
My hope for all of you on this weekend is that you have the love of family and the satisfaction of allowing your hands to create during this time. Whether it is writing a poem or painting a portrait - expand your mind into paths of creativity.

No comments: