Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Budgets!

I am still paying off items from the Metal Clay World Conference that I attended in July . I can't believe that I still owe from a conference that ended in July! It's not like I don't have the money, it's that I keep needing to get additional things that push the repayment to the back of the line. So today I paid my Discover bill for the month. I'm going to put the card away - totally away. No grabbing it, no using it. I need to get a handle on my spending and it's just not going to happen any other way.
I also need to start writing down what I spend my money on. It's rather amazing how quickly it can get away from my hand and back out into the general public. Money is just an exchange mechanism - it makes it much easier to get items needed. But it is far too easy to just whip out the plastic instead of focusing on the green. I think I need to focus more on the green.

In any case, I'll have to dip into my emergency fund and get a cash deposit into the bank today to help cover the last of the bills. Count me as NOT HAPPY about having to do this! Having to do this makes my color for today a violet - not a happy yellow-orange, but a violet - simmering and on-edge and not happy :-( But....I'm sure that I'll be much better by the end of the day :-)

No comments: