Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Whirling Minds

I follow several different blogs for different reasons. A few of these feature artists who work in multiple medias including polymer, metal clay and traditional metalsmithing fabrication. I learn something from each one that I read or I drop them from my daily rotation. I haven't had to drop a blog in a year or more. But whenever I review my blog rotation, I wonder whether or not I am offering any daily value to those people who grace me by reading my blog periodically. Although I certainly don't know for sure whether I offer value to outside readers or not, I do know that I offer value to myself by codifying my thoughts and verifying each day through these cyber-pages.
So today, to offer value to all of you, I share one of my favorite quotations. I have this quote on my splash screen of my computer so that I can see it as the first thing when I power up and look at it again whenever I change programs from one to another. I hope you find it helpful to you:

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success.
So give as much care to the end as to the beginning;
Then there will be no failure.
- Lao Tse

No comments: