Thursday, August 6, 2009

Looking Back...Looking Ahead

As usual, there simply weren't enough hours in the day to get everything finished that I needed. I worked hard all day. Got the ring repair done and dropped off a sizing to my goldsmith friend to be picked up next week. I went to the office supply store and Target where I returned my two dresses and bought a new shirt, some vitamins and misc. Target gained by $10 on my transaction - so much for coming out ahead in bills. I worked hard and got pictures sent to Holly for possible inclusion in the 2010 Metal Clay Calendar and I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. I didn't get nearly as much done as I needed/wanted. But I did get three loads of laundry done (yippee!!!) and the computer room, while not absolutely clean, has improved dramatically. I didn't get to my cloak, although I did start drawing out the scrollwork for the embroidery.
When my DH arrived home from work, I finally managed to convince him to stop just talking about getting a small truck with the Cash for Clunkers program but to actually go to the dealer (just a few blocks away) and see what they had and whether or not our clunker would qualify. They didn't have the model we wanted, although they might later on this month. They'll know more tomorrow, so I'll phone the salesman today and find out. In the meanwhile, at least I've moved DH from talking to doing stage (a very difficult thing to do) and we're into a looking mode now. It's a good start - LOL.

No comments: