Friday, August 14, 2009

Housecleaning Revisited

Is there anything creative about housecleaning? I'll try and find out today when I take an extra day off to finish cleaning the Den. When I houseclean I usually have my computer on in the next room so that I can take periodic breaks, and I'll often wear my i-Pod with my exercise music set to random. Today I have six boxes still awaiting clean-out and then I have to start the actual surface cleaing - vaccuuming, glass washing, and some major dusting. The goal is to have this room ready and habitable by Sunday afternoon and, for the first time in years, it's looking quite possible. But it will require my working on it today instead of being at the shop.
I get a lot of repairs through the shop and most of them are more than boring. But I actually have one pending that I'm looking forward to. I have a long-time customer whose sterling silver and turquoise ring took a major beating in an accident. He wants the ring rebuilt and I'm looking forward to doing it. I discussed sizing, thickness, appearance, etc with him yesterday and I'll tackle this in mid-September (after Labor Day). It's a two-layer ring with a little bit of forging - this will be fun! I haven't had a good project for my bench in months :-)

No comments: