Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Best Laid Plans.....

Well, my plans last night consisted of dropping by the grocer on the way home to pick up salad for dinner, eating my salad and then working on the lining part of the cloak. My reality turned out quite a bit differently.
DH and I drive separately. This enables me to leave very early in the morning and do lots of errands in the early morning before I get to work. This enables him to sleep. There are times I'd love to switch out with him. But...we meet each other after work. We met at the grocer to get food for the next couple of days. Then we walked back out and got into our cars. His car wouldn't start. We pulled out the jumper cables and jumped him. It worked, but by the time I had the cables back into my boot, it didn't work any more. We tried jumping it again - no go. So, we both got into my car, went home, dropped off the groceries and then went back to the shopping center lot. I phoned AAA and put in a service call for a tow. About 7:15 pm the tow truck arrives. After some basic diagnostic equipment is attached to the battery, the decision was reached that it was a bad battery and the call was switched to their battery truck. It was supposed to be to us by about 8:30 pm, he arrived at 8:45 pm. He checked the battery out again, confirmed that it was bad, and pulled the old battery replacing it with a new one. We got home at 10:00 pm. So much for working on my cloak. I went right to bed. But at least DH has a new battery - LOL. Best laid plans.....etc.....

No comments: