Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Packing and Art

Well, today is my "day off", my "studio day", my laundry day (that's an absolute, no options - LOL). I leave on Monday for Metal Clay World, so I will spend today finishing up the last packing on my charms for the charm exchange and packing. I want to make sure that I am not forgetting anything I will need for my classes.

Chickie finished adding gussets into my name pouch yesterday. She did an amazing job with this pouch - I am SO pleased with it. I knew I didn't have the time to deal with making it, and she is very good with leather. So I hired her to make it for me according to my specifications. It had to hold my name tag, business cards, sketch book and pen. The basic pouch design was based on an old plastic pouch that I had used for many years. The designs were totally my own. The front features papyrus and lotus plants with my Isis Rising logo in the center front. The back has an ankh for life, two feathers of Ma-at for justice, the triple moon symbol for the Goddess and the female existence, and Tengwar script that roughly translates to "What you have to decide is what you will do with the time you are given", a paraphrased quote of Gandalf's in the Lord of the Rings. (I'm too lazy to look up the exact quote right now.) So I'm sharing my vision in leather with all of you because I'm very happy with the results of my name pouch. Now, back to packing...

No comments: