Thursday, July 9, 2009

Movies, Friends and Pie

What could be better than movies, friends and pie. After a busy day trying to get things prepared for next week's trip to Metal Clay World, I met my friend Chickie at the mall to see Ice Age 3 in Disney 3-D. FUN! Very cute movie. We were laughing throughout. I love feel-good movies. Her Mom, Claire, was supposed to have joined us but had to bow out at the last minute. So it was just the two of us. Not a problem :-)
After the movie, we headed off to Baker's Square for salads and free pie. Wednesdays is free pie day and we were counting on it :-) I was too stuffed from my wonderful Bar-B-Qued Chicken salad to eat my pie, so I brought it home and I'll have it tonite instead.
I'll do the last finishing bit on my charms today while watching the morning's run for Le Tour de France. Yesterday there was a breakout of six riders and one of them, Thomas Voeckler, pulled it off and won the stage. Congrats to him! Although he wore the yellow for several days in the Lance Armstrong era, he had never won a stage before. He was SO happy! I love this year's Tour - yippee!

No comments: