Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oversleeping, Overspilling - Time is my Enemy

I normally get up at 3:30 am. OK, I am the first to admit that it is a ridiculous time to get up. But if I don't, I don't have time for my on-line work in the morning. Today is a busy day. I'll work during the day, but I'll go see Harry Potter tonite with my DH. That eliminates my night-time internet time and makes my early morning time even more important. So what happened? (Three guesses and the first two don't count.) I overslept. I awakened at 5:00 am and panicked. I jumped into the shower while my computer was warming up and then hit the internet. I might get 50% of what I need done finished before I have to leave for the shop in 45 minutes.
I need to leave for the shop at 7:00 am because I'm busy trying to create two different submissions for the "30-Minute Necklaces" book that Lark will be publishing. I have 48 hours to finish, photograph, and mail my entries. I finished one yesterday and I'm very happy with it. I plan to work on the second one today, but that's much easier said than done. Whatever happens I have to photograph my results on Wednesday night and do the accompanying paperwork so that I can Express Mail them to the publisher on Thursday morning. I recall that the Carnival Blog for the month was deadlines. Well, nothing like finding out about a project on Friday and having two pieces complete and in the mail by the following Thursday morning. Deadlines...you gotta love them

No comments: