Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bones and Plans

Well, I hurt so much yesterday that I went to the clinic for advice, drugs and X-Rays. I do feel better after this. After five X-Rays it didn't appear as if I had broken anything, although there are a couple of areas where the Radiologist will take a closer look on Monday. I got a prescription for Tylenol3 and after it finally kicked in last night, I actually had a good night's sleep. But things are still hurting, so if I didn't break anything then I still did a serious number on my ligaments and soft tissue. This is throwing a monkeywrench into my time schedule for my BFAC because holding the pliers hurts - a LOT. So I resign myself to adding an extra week onto my time frame so that I can recover a bit more and photograph the finished item.

And today we were supposed to go to Twig for the Ren Fest - or at least go up after work, stay in a hotel in the north, and be at Twig in the early morning on Sunday. I rather doubt that this will come off, and if I felt better I would be really disappointed in that. But since I hurt, I find I really don't care as much as I normally would. It's unbelievable to me how a negative physical problem can affect creativity in a negative fashion. So, I'll give myself the day or so for a small pity party, and then I'll get myself back on track. The problem is that I can't draw or do many of the small things that I try to do throughout the day because it was my right arm that got injured. But physical injury can't stop mental imagery so I'll just work out some bugs in my latest project mentally while working today. Creativity rules!

No comments: