Friday, June 19, 2009

Balance

One of the things intrinsic to being female (at least I've been told so throughout my life) is our ability/right to change our minds. Looking at the wireworked portion of my BFAC project for the past two days, I decided that I didn't like it and changed my mind. I cut it apart, grabbed different wire, (a different color in a different gague), and revised the focal drop. I am MUCH happier with it now. It is the right color and it doesn't dominate the item but balances it out instead. I may be adding a little bit more to it, but pretty minor. I could ship it off today and be happy with it. It is a lesson to pay attention to the inner voice that says things must be changed. Sometimes you must listen to that voice to make a much better creative product.

I am deeply into the beta of Iris's latest story. I ran out of energy last night - I guess the pain in my arm finally started getting to me. Of course, the wirework I was doing was certainly not helping my arm - I am ambidextrous for many things, but not for wirework. I overworked my right arm at the shop and then again last night. But the spiral that I added to the piece really works, so I'm much happier.
I read that Hillary Clinton just did exactly the same thing to her right arm earlier this week. She fell and broke her elbow in an impact fracture. She must have fallen harder (or I'm just more stubborn) because she has to get surgery on her elbow. Researching my injury, it appears that 2/3 of the people with this type of fracture need to have corrective surgery. I'm hoping that I won't have to have anything of the sort - the whole idea of elbow surgery frightens me badly. And usually I'm all in favor of surgery and legal drugs - LOL. But not this time. So, best wishes to Hillary as she recovers.

No comments: