Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Studio Day!! Two Days Left - EEEEKKKK!!!

Well, here I am - two studio days left before Christmas (one studio day left before Solstice). I am going to be working like a little demon at the kiln today. I need to finish the one bracelet I've been working on and start/finish a second one (if it doesn't finish as a bracelet, it will become a pair of earrings). I need to send those off on their merry ways. I need to pick up the 2nd part of Sharon's gift, although I can also get that later in the week since it's an easy pick-up. I need to dig through my piles (sigh) and find Poo's gifts that I purchased several months ago (I should probably know better than to buy gifts in advance). I do need to get some holiday cards bought. I'm not sending the 100-200 that I have in prior years, but I do have a few people that I like to keep in touch with and need to get going on those.

Other gifts to work on today include some snowflakes for my sister-in-law and her family and a food gift card for my father-in-law (also something that doesn't have to be purchased on a studio day). Jim's main gift is starting to look awesome. I do need to drill the skull and set the tubing into it so that it can be the centerpiece. I'm still very happy with the electroforming on it. The two sidepieces are coming together really well. I corrugated the copper backing yesterday and pulled them into shape. They turned out absolutely aewsome. Today I have to saw out the overpieces from sterling. If I get a chance, I should anneal them and stamp in the text. I don't think I'll get that far, but I will get the disks cut, sanded/filed, and marked for drilling and stamping. I don't keep a torch at the home studio, so if I anneal the silver, it will have to be kiln annealed and I'm working on enamel in the kiln today instead.

Oh, and I get to start the day out with a trip to the dentist for my semi-annual cleaning and checkup. Oh happy day - LOLOL. The pic above is of my dentist's band, The Surf Dawgs. They play 50's/60's style surfer music (think Beach Boys on steroids). Very fun. They have been elected to the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame. Guess I know what "Dr B" will be doing when he retires :-)

No comments: