Thursday, December 11, 2008

Productive At Last!

What a studio day it was! Of course I started the day out with the Dentist - and passed my exam with flying colors (big sigh of relief). Dr B (guitar player for The Surf Dawgs) is great and I really like him, but I prefer to keep my professional visits to 2x/year and minimal money expended instead of extra visits for dental work and much higher expenses. So the first thing on my agenda was a huge success.
Then I picked up some fine holiday cards at Barnes & Noble. They usually have some that I like and I had to get a few things for gifts for the holiday. So I ended up with three boxes (buy 2, get 1 free) and will get to work on sending those within the next 2 weeks. Hey - they only need to be postmarked before the Christmas holiday - right? LOL.

I got back to the house around 10am, put things away, turned on the computers and set up the kiln. By 11am the kiln was up to temp, my enamels were spread over the washer top, and I was busy drilling the last holes into my copper discs. That ended, I started working with the enamel - four coats for each disc, 2 front, 2 back. I did the last discs in time to leave for the grocery store at 5pm. Now I have the base coats finished and can do the decorative coats next week, just leaving the final assembling work for next Thursday. I really could use one more day this week, but I only have Wednesdays available, so I have to make do.

I also progressed to the next step in my DH's skull neckpiece. All in all, a very productive studio day even though I wasn't able to even start the laundry until almost 6pm since I was using the top of the washer to lay out my enamels.

No comments: