Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday - Another Week Closer to Ending

Today is Friday. For most people it means the last work day of the week. For me it means that the next two days of work will be shorter - but I will still be at work . This season is SO long!!! So even though I am fighting time to get everything finished and gifted or shipped on time, I will be SO happy to see the end of the season again and have a day off on Christmas Day.


Tonight will be joyful for me though. If the skies are clear, I will be able to see the largest full moon of the year rising at sunset tonight. I love the moon - when I was very young I called it my own. Having the moon shine through my windows at night while I was a child was amazingly comforting. Rather like a signal of hope and love - to have the light in the nighttime as well as the light in the day. I adore the stars also. However, I have noticed serious light pollution. I think, sometime before I die, I want to visit someplace in the world where they don't have light pollution so that I can see the sky in its' full glory. The way that the Creator intended us to see the stars before we turned night into day and threw our circadian rhythms into complete trash.

No comments: