Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day and Black Friday

Turkey Day was absolutely wonderful, even if I was in serious pain from a small microfracture in my shoulder-blade. These are never fun and always take several days before the pain is reduced But turkey, stuffing, corn, potatoes, cranberries and gravy with pie later that night certainly helped to minimize the pain :-) I actually had a really good holiday for a change - no major arguments, a good meal, all things worked. It was SO nice to have a full day off.

So today is Black Friday. In years past I was one of the crowd of shoppers who would be at the stores at 5am. Well, it's 4:44 am, I'm sitting in front of my computer in my shrug, and I have no intention of running out and shopping at all. I'm trying very hard to spend an absolute minimum of money this year for gifts - I just don't have the money available. So I'm thinking about everything twice and making as many things as possible. Next Wednesday's studio day will allow me to try out some oil enamel paints that I picked up. If they work as well as I hope, I'll be one step closer to another gift for my DH. Hope you enjoy your own Black Friday.

No comments: