Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reflections and Saturday Musings

The turkey has been purchased. For those of you outside the US who are wondering "why is a turkey purchase so important?", let me take a quick moment to explain. Next Thursday is a holiday in the US called Thanksgiving Day. It is traditional, on that holiday, to eat a menu centered around a roasted turkey. I have to admit that there is something really wonderful about the smell of a roasting turkey filling the house and when you have turkey along with stuffing, gravy, cranberries, mashed potatoes and corn....well, that's a meal that is near the top of my list of holiday feasts. So, I now have a turkey slowly defrosting in my refrigerator. Happy, happy me!!


I also have my new update for Lord of the Rings Online...The Mines of Moria...waiting for me to play. I have held back for a few days because I just didn't have the time, but I promised my DH that I would play with him this evening. I know I'll be tired enough to not spend more than 4 hours playing, so it'll be fine. Playing LOTRO is the closest I will ever be able to come to actually living in Middle Earth, although I very much doubt that the variety of tasks and battles that each character has to do in the game is even close to what JRR Tolkien had in mind with the books. But it's a lot of fun and one of the few things that I can do along with my DH that he seems to truly enjoy. So, once again I will take up my characters and weapons and begin to fulfill tasks, get experience points, and play with my dwarvish friend. (I'll also be starting the cloissonae work on his dwarf pendant over the next few days, so I'll get a chance to see his character in action again.)

No comments: