Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Enamel Woes


Because I'm currently not very happy with my DH, I wonder why I am spending so much time trying to make him a very cool enamel piece for the holidays. I know I won't have it finished in time, and the way that my trial piece worked - rather DIDN'T work - yesterday, ... well, I can say with some certainty that this one may not happen, at least not within this time frame. I guess I need to research the type of enamel technique I wanted to use a bit more, and try more experimentation. In the meanwhile, I still have other people to gift, a limited amount of time, no money.....the Holidays SUCK!!!


So, what to do? I'm going to try my best to enjoy my Thanksgiving Day. I'm going to make my turkey and stuffing, I'm going to spend a day away from the shop (oh Happy Day), and I'm going to make a list of those people that I need to take care of for the holidays. I have several simple but pretty enamel projects that can easily be done for gifts with a minimum of muss and fuss, that'll be the way that I go for many people. My family back on the Rez (Pine Ridge, SD for those who don't know) will have to make do with cards this year - no enclosed checks. There are so many projects just pushing on my head that want to get into the physical plane, and the time to do them simply isn't there, so I'll continue working whenever I can. And hopefully my DH's mood will improve again and he won't be the grumpy dwarf that he has been over the past few weeks....months.....years.... - why do I bother?????

No comments: