Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blog Carnival

Some metal clay enthusiasts that I know belong to a web carnival where they all post on the same subject once a month. This month was an interesting topic - "What Technique Would You Like to Learn?". It started me thinking.

I am a workshop addict. I take classes as much as possible, as much as I can afford to. I learn something from everyone that I meet, but there are people who actually enrich my life. People with whom I can sit at a table and talk for hours. Most of those people are various teachers that I have met while taking their classes. People like Michael David Sturlin, Trish McAleer, Celie Fago and others. I've tried to learn as much as possible by attending classes at Bead & Button Show and Revere Jewelry Academy.


What would I like to still learn? I want a comprehensive course in stone setting. Either at Revere Jewelry Academy or at Brad Simon's New Approach School for Jewelers. I want to learn welding and how to form vessels. And most of all I want to continue playing with my artistic side - it's a lot more fun than my business side :-))

Only five kids last night for Halloween tricks or treats. All college age, but cute, none-the-less. More candy for DH and me :-))

No comments: