Friday, October 31, 2008

Only a Few More Days





I hereby declare myself officially SICK AND TIRED of ALL political campaign ads!!!! I want to return to stupid product ads. Even the Sham-wow and Oxi-clean commercials are better than this never ending mud slinging hate-fest. At this point I don't even care who wins - just give me back my airwaves!!!




People are very involved in this election. We have a split ticket at work - my Manager is very conservative (although he may actually vote for Obama instead of McCain). My Assistant Manager is a liberal and will vote Democratic across the board. I vote for the person, not the party, so am voting a split ticket.


I wish I could vote in the California election, though. I think it is vitally important that same-sex union carry the same legal weight as male/female unions. Too often the chosen partner in a same-sex relationship end up with nothing - no rights, no say, no anything - in cases where one partner is hospitalized or dies. The tradgedy is that other family members will often shut that same-sex companion out because of their relationship and not acknowledge the years that it existed. This is simply wrong. I hope that relationships such as this can be acknowledged and strengthened through the law. But it will be a hard battle. Love and howdy's go out to my cuz, Miki and her companion Regina:-)))



No comments: