Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby Steps

As usual, I didn't get as much done on my studio day as I wanted. But I did get several beads electroformed and tried some enameling with my baby kiln. I just couldn't get the heat as hot as I needed, though, and rather than possibly have cracking of the glass, I'll bring the pieces and the lead enamel to the shop and I'll have to work on the project there. It will eliminate one thing that I could do on my Wednesdays, but I have plenty of other things to keep me busy.
My friends "Chickie", Meghan and I got together for breakfast yesterday at our favorite little cafe, Jay's. We always ask what their waffle of the day is because they have some awesome flavor combos. Yesterday's choice was a bacon waffle - it was almost like having three very content and purring cats on a sunny window - the flavor ecstasy. OK - maybe the analogy is a bit over the top - but the waffles were really GOOD. If you are ever in the area, stop by Jay's, their food is really great and the service is also wonderful. Great coffee too!


No comments: