Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vatican Splendors, Anyone??


So, I have tickets to the exhibit Vatican Splendors for Sunday the 19th......and for Sunday the 26th. I purchased the tickets for the 19th and then remembered that I had a scheduling conflict and needed the following week. The tickets are non-returnable/non-refundable. AACK!!! At a time when I'm seriously low on funds I just wasted more than $50!!!! Anyway, I offered them to Chickie, but haven't heard back from her, and I don't want them to go to waste. So, if anyone would like these - I would appreciate some money back for them but would be willing to let them go cheap. It is admission for 2 plus the audio tours for 1:00 pm on Sunday the 19th at the Minnesota History Center. Just Email or phone me at the shop. I could drop them off on Wednesday, my day off, otherwise I would have time to mail them locally and have them arrive in plenty of time. Sometimes I'm so STUPID!!!!!
The event I'll be going to instead of the Minnesota History Center will be the Minnesota Mineral Club Show 2008 in Cottage Grove. This is a once-a-year show - it's small, but fun. Lots of slabs of rough rock, some equipment, and sometimes I find some nice cabs or faceted gems to get here. It'll be a fun day. I suppose if I don't sell the tickets mentioned in the first paragraph above, I'll just consider that the cost was just a more expensive enjoyable day looking at stone. Better to ask the cat in to lick up the spilt milk than crying over the spill - LOL. Positive thinking is a conscious choice.
And today I get to start working on my kinetic piece again. I was progressing really well yesterday - got the bearing soldered into one of the bezels and the back soldered on and started to saw out the opening in the back. Then the saw slipped and the bezel got cut on one side. Disaster!! So....today I get to start that bezel again. I sure wish I had more than 1-2 hours a day to be able to spend at the bench, I have a feeling I would be a LOT more productive - :-))) But at least I do get some time, so I really can't complain.

No comments: