Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday - So Fine

The past seven Sundays, I've been up at 6am to get to Ren Faire near opening time. Today was the first Sunday after Ren and I actually slept until 9:30 am. What a luxury!!! Of course, all I dreamed about was this new pair of earrings that are perched in my head. I'm using a BronzClay bottom with a copper-bezeled olivine Peridot and some tube-set 2mm stones (haven't decided on the absolute color/type of these yet, possibly Padparadschka Sapphire). But the kewl thing about it is that I think I've figured out a way to make them kinetic - to allow them to have independent motion. I'm not sure my skills are up to the project, but I am certainly going to try my best. I think they'll look absolutely awesome. And, since DH actually said that I could spend some time working on my own projects today, I got some work done. Got some items ready and loaded for the kiln, got one-half of a pair of sterling silver and incredible Agate earrings ready for soldering, and cut the copper bezel for the kinetic earrings, as well as making the two half more uniform. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow. Fortunately, I will have a couple of hours of bench time before I have to work. If I focus on the positive, all is good :-)) And I've also decided I need to start saving for a new, larger kiln. The amount of space I currently have is great for my enamel and silver clay work, but just not enough for the larger BronzClay items that I want to do. So, time to start socking away any extra cash so that I can buy a bigger kiln and hire an electrician to wire it in for me.


No comments: