Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Positive Thoughts - I'm Trying to Focus on Those

Short and sweet today because I'm running a little late. It's a swimming day, else I wouldn't have a deadline, but the gym doors unlock precisely at 5:00 am and I want to be in the pool very shortly afterward. I'm not thrilled with the book I'm listening to just now, but I want to get through it to start the next volume in the series. I think it's more a matter of not liking the supplementary characters very much that's making it a harder listen. Still, it's a long series, and one little blip won't stop me from listening to all of them in sequence. I don't recall how many books there are total, but I still have quite a few more in the list. 



There are a LOT of colors of Swarovski 
crystals. These are the available colors of the 
4mm round size. I carry rounds in this size, 
as well as smaller and larger. That's not counting 
the bicone, square and specialty shapes. I have 
a LOT of Swarovski inventory and I'm trying 
to get this efficient so that we can actually 
sell it "easily" during a clearance sale. 



I was pretty busy with customers yesterday, so didn't get anything done on my Swarovski Sale project. I'm pushing that sale up to end of April, maybe even end of May. There's just so much prep work to be done. The methodology of how I'll need to run the sale is coming clear - or at least a bit clearer - but the actual nuts and bolts of organization are all on me. When I'm dealing with customers, quarterly taxes, and the general maintenance stuff to keep the store going, I don't have a lot of time to devote to specials like our Swarovski Sale. Still, it will happen. Just not on my timeline (obviously). 



I love my morning meditation time. I'm a bit crunched 
for time on my swimming days, but it's worth it. 
There's just something about sitting and meditating 
first thing every morning that just starts my day out 
on an excellent note. 



Meditation this morning was delightful, however, so that makes up for lack of sleep. I ended up getting to bed almost a half-hour late last night because I had to fight with the federal taxes website to get my monthly withholding tax paid and the receipt printed out. Still, I got it done. Then, this morning, I realized I hadn't plugged my phone in for charging, so I only had about 20% for my morning meditation exercises. Oops! I actually had to plug in for most of them, meaning the sounds were not pulling in through headphones. It's the single disadvantage I can find with my Google phone - the power and the headphones connect through the same portal, so to use headphones, I can't be charging the phone. Still, it's a minor inconvenience, and it's happily up to almost 50% already, despite having been used for my morning routines. 



Have a simply glorious day. It's one more day on this 
fabulous earth, and one more day to enjoy the wind, 
the weather, the clouds, the sounds of the birds, etc. Make 
it one of the best days of your life. 



So, I'm off to the pool. I hope all of you have a splendid Tuesday, I know I have every intention of having one on my end. I'll be back tomorrow and wish you a glorious day. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.


No comments: