Monday, April 22, 2024

A Sleepless Night, Hockey Playoffs and It's Monday!

It's going to be a difficult day today. I went to sleep at my normal time, after watching three of the four playoff hockey games - great games, such fun! I went to sleep right away, because that's what I've trained my body to do. BUT ... I awakened at a bit after 2:00 am, did a quick bathroom run, and then couldn't get back to sleep. ARGH. I finally gave up, did a longer than usual meditation and started my day. I'll be a zombie by the time I get to sleep tonight. 




I'll be a total zombie by the time I get to bed 
tonight. I'm just grateful that today wasn't 
a swimming day. 




It's playoff time for hockey, and that's great - it means really good games and on-the-edge play. My Avalanche played really well, but lost to the Jets 7-6. Two of the other three games also were won by only one point, the fourth game was won by 2 points. It's going to be an excited playoffs time, for sure. So, we were glued to the TV yesterday, watching game after game while doing our computer things. Today we get four more games in Round 1. I won't be able to be glued to the TV, but hopefully DH will turn them on to the TV in the back room and I can at least listen to them. Until I get home, when I might be able to catch the final game of the day. Playoffs - Whoot! 




The Stanley Cup is highly treasured and a unique 
prize for the winning team. The Wild aren't in the 
playoffs - it was a "challenging" season for us. But, 
my secondary team, the Avalanche are right in 
the mix. 



I'm turning things over and over in my mind ... how can I make the Swarovski clearance easy for both the customers and the staff? I think I might have come up with how best to organize things overnight - maybe that was what awakened me at 2:00 am. I'll try to do a bit of computer work on it today, or at least write down my ideas in a way that I can tackle them tomorrow when Chickie is on the sales floor. I know it's no use thinking DH will be convenient if I need someone to help out with customers. Mondays are a chore for me, and Wednesdays and Fridays are a chore for Chickie. 




Sometimes breathing is all you can do. On those 
days, concentrate on making each breath the 
very best breath you can take. Follow the 
flow, get into the rhythm. Your body is trying 
to tell you something - listen to it. 



So, I'm wrapping this up and heading up for breakfast and then to the shop to do a few things before we open. I hope all of you have a truly wonderful Monday. Smile at those you meed, try to make their days just that little bit better. We all need positives in our lives. Trump's trial starts today, so that's one positive - LOL. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל. 





No comments: