Saturday, March 30, 2024

Tulips, Phones, Pineapple and Prayers - I'm All Over the Place Today

So here we are at the end of another week, and the end of March. When I next post, it will be April and Spring will (should) finally be here. We still have the last of the snow on the ground, but that's quite normal. The fact that we have snow at all on the ground, after this "Winter that the Snow Gods Forgot" is quite amazing. The ground and trees and other plants desperately needed the moisture, though, so I'm happy we at least had a bit of Winter come around to play in our area. This year may have been Nature's apology for last year's record-setting snowfalls, but our lack of moisture might be very harmful to our trees, etc this year. 



DH is all worried about the tulips we have that 
are already sprouting leaves above ground. But 
everything I'm reading says no worries unless there 
are already blossoms, which we don't have. So, I'm 
sure his flowers will be just fine, despite our late 
snowfall. 



I wanted to give all of you an update on the "horrible phone screen takeover" from earlier in the month. If you recall, somehow I ended up saying "Yes" to a "do you want to switch to "Easy Home Screen" around the middle of the month. Big ARGH! I absolutely HATED it. My apps were suddenly in alphabetic order, instead of clustered into the groups that I access the most. I actually had to write a list of the apps I use first thing every morning so that I could go down the list in order and not miss anything. It totally sucked. 



Easy Homescreen was anything BUT easy for 
me. Suddenly my apps were alphabetic and scattered 
all over the screen. I have my apps grouped so that 
I'm finding them in order of use. Alphabetic was 
NO help at all. And I couldn't find the app to uninstall 
it. The fact that I stumbled over it randomly and was 
able to remove it and return to my old set-up was 
a total blessing! 



According to the app, I just had to find it to be able to eliminate it, but that wasn't easy either. Some time last week, when I was fiddling with my screen, the app's home page came up on my screen with an option to "Return Settings to Prior View" and I grabbed it - said YES (rather emphatically), crossed my fingers and hit the confirmation. Voila! My screen returned to the settings I had been using. My apps are grouped together once again. My phone is once again mine - not the property of an Evil Empire. I couldn't be much happier. Easy Home Screen might be perfect for some of you, but for me it was the ultimate failure. I hope I don't fall down that rabbit hole again. 



You want your pineapple to look as golden as possible, and 
the one I bought yesterday was absolutely the poster child 
for the perfect pineapple. I'm really looking forward to eating 
that one - it dehydrated beautifully. 



Yesterday pineapples were 2 for $7 at the store, and there was one beautifully ripe one calling my name. The store, even though I only bought one, has to give me the discounted price - a lawsuit from a few years ago required stores to honor sale prices, even if the purchase isn't the full quantity. So, I went home with groceries and another beautiful pineapple which I immediately cut up and put into the dehydrator. I set it for 15 hours, shifted the trays every hour until I went to sleep, and rescued my dried pineapple this morning. washed the shelves of the dehydrator and put everything away properly. I've got a yummy munchie to add to my container of mango and pineapple from Wednesday. Nom, nom! 



I'm thinking lots of positive thoughts for my oldest 
nephew, but more positive thoughts from you, my 
readers, would be appreciated. He's got a long hard 
road ahead of him, if he's going to beat this cancer. 



So that's about all I know right now. My oldest nephew, the one with abdominal cancer, just finished his fifth course of chemotherapy since January. Now they'll reassess whether they can do anything surgically or not. I'm hoping for the best, of course, as is the rest of the family. Any positive thoughts you can spare in his direction would be appreciated, of course. It never hurts to get some good things moving through the ethos. On that note, I'm out of here. Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate that holiday, have an excellent day and weekend and I'll be back on Monday morning to welcome April alongside all of you. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.


No comments: