Monday, March 11, 2024

Not All Choices are Good Choices

Last night, I got sucked into watching the Oscar Awards on TV. Now, I rarely see movies, and I really don't care much about the Academy Awards, but DH turned it on, and I totally got pulled into it. I suppose it was because it was actually entertaining! The revamp that they did kept things moving well, Jimmy Kimmel was quite fun and sharp, and the dresses - OMG those poofy dresses!!! Who in fashion hell decided that most of the women would look absolutely marvelous in something that would immediately turn them into a bobblehead? Was it "Barbie" oversplash? I have no idea, but some of those gowns should be taken immediately to the trash and burned. 




OMG, Ariana Grande was totally over 
the top in this pink monstrosity. I guess 
it was channeling "Wicked", but I wasn't 
a "Wicked" fan either. That book just 
left me cold. 



I think the gown that irritated me the most was that pink number with enough floof around the mid-section of her body to hide an army! Really! I mean REALLY! That was beyond ridiculous. I was hoping Zendaya would wear another futuristic "Dune-style" gown this time, but she went for Hollywood glam instead, and totally pulled it off. She's got the body for that kind of gown, and she looked amazing! 




Zendaya looked stunning, as always, this 
time in a Hollywood classically-styled 
gown. No futuristic on this one, but she 
didn't need it. It was awesome. 



So, Billy Eilish did a good performance of what turned out to be the Oscar winning song, although I was underwhelmed. My preference was for the Native American pow-wow drum, which was wonderful and so nice to hear again. I miss hearing the drum. DH isn't fond of pow-wows, so we never attend them any more. I used to go a lot, and the song of the drum always stirs my heart and my feet. 




I loved the Pow Wow Drum performance at 
the Oscars, but there wasn't a single photo 
of it on-line to be able to share. So, I just chose a 
drum at rest at a real pow-wow, not just some 
musical performance. Pow-wow is dear to me, 
and I miss attending them and even dancing at 
them on occasion. 



I hadn't seen (and probably won't see) any of the movies up for the major awards this year. There are a couple that interest me - "Killers of the Flower Moon" and "Oppenheimer" being the two at the top of my list to maybe see. I can skip the rest. I'll be trying to see "Kung Foo Panda" this week with Chickie though. See? I don't hate ALL movies, just MOST of them - LOL. Have an excellent Monday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: