Saturday, March 9, 2024

Hockey, Clothing and an Oops - Rather Par For My Course

Obviously I am numerically challenged (and was also sleep deprived because of ANTS!) - but it wasn't Post 5000 yesterday, it was, however, post 4600, which is still a very impressive number. I'm still cruising to 5000, and will reach it within the next 1-2 years. I don't see myself not posting six days a week unless something catastrophic happens. Sharing my (lack of) brain and thoughts with all of you is a way that I clear my mind for the next day. I'm still quite happy to have Post 4601 today, and so happy all of you are on this journey with me. 




Obviously I'm numerically challenged (or just very 
forward looking). Yesterday was Post 4600, not 
Post 5000. I'll get there, though, within the next 
two years, and hopefully will have all of you riding 
along that road with me. 



Our serious clean of the pantry seems to have done the job on the ants. I saw three yesterday, moving very slowly, two on different shelves and one on the floor. I squashed all of them, of course. No critters with more than two legs are allowed into my house unless we get another dog or cat. 




There is a Japanese legend about the Yatagarasu - a three 
legged crow who is a messenger from the Gods. I suppose 
if one of these turned up, I'd probably let it into the house. 
But, I'm hopefully not letting any more six-legged ants 
into my house. LOL



I spent yesterday doing errands, along with two trips to Target. I saw this incredibly cute sheath dress there, purchased it in a Small, and took it home. It was great except for the neckline, so I decided - since I needed to return two storage containers I had purchased that weren't going to work for the space I had envisioned - I'd exchange it for an extra-small if they had one available. Score! I brought the XS home, tried it on, and it's perfect. I'll still have to do something with the collar - it's low on the sides, and I don't really need my bra straps showing - but I'm sure my tailor can manage something. I'll keep my eyes open for a scarf or lace to have her inset into that area. I'm quite sure I already have something that will work just fine. 




What a got was similar to this, but with long 
sleeves and in a rich brown color. It looks great 
on me, but I'll need to do something with the 
neckline. I'm quite sure I can work something 
out with my tailor. 



I also spent yesterday watching the MN State Boys High School Hockey Tournament (of course). We're into the two final games today. The first game is Hermantown vs Catherdral. at noon. Hermantown won their previous game in a fantastic 7-6 victory - one of the most exciting games I've seen in years. Back and forth and back and forth, with Hermantown (a powerhouse in the Northern part of the state) pulling out the win. The night game of the larger schools will pit Chanhassen against Edina. This one also holds promise of being an exciting game to watch. Whoot! I'll have the afternoon game on at the shop, of course, but the TV there is in the back room, so I can't watch it, only listen to it. Still, that's better than not getting any hockey at all! And then, after tonight's game, the tournament will be over for another year. It's one of my favorite sporting events of the year, so that's rather sad, but it was well-fought from start to finish, and some of these young men will go on to play in the semi-professional and professional leagues. I'm quite sure my nephew will be in this tournament one of these days and I can hardly wait. 




Two of yesterday's four games went into overtime, so it 
was an exciting day of hockey. Now we're down to the 
final two games - one for the smaller schools, 
and one for the larger ones. When I first started watching 
the tournament many years ago, all of the schools were 
lumped together. I still remember Hermantown - a tiny town 
in Northern Minnesota beating Edina - one of our larger 
metropolitan schools. The next year they started the 
double-bracket play putting the smaller schools into 
one bracket, larger schools into another one. Still 
entertaining, but no Cinderella stories anymore. 



So, I'm wrapping this up, drinking the last of my first cup of tea, and heading out for the shop. I hope all of you have a truly FABULOUS weekend, and if you're in the USA (at least in most parts of the USA), don't forget that tonight is the beginning of Daylight Saving Time, so Spring Forward an hour before you go to sleep. I'll be back on Monday morning. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: