Tuesday, March 26, 2024

It Was a Wet and Heavy Snow

The snow is finally done and cleaned up. It was a typical Spring snow - wet and very heavy. DH dragged the snow blower from the garage to get the driveway cleared yesterday, while I shoveled the walkways. It was a miserable job, but we got it all done. The next door neighbor lady was struggling with her shoveling, but when we were done and looked over, she was nowhere to be seen, so we shrugged, put the snow blower back into it's home in the garage, and continued with our day. 




DH immediately pulled out the snow blower yesterday, and 
that made all the difference. It was a wet, heavy snow, and 
it was still a mess to take care of. But it was SO much easier 
than shoveling the driveway. 



When I got home in the evening, I saw her back outside tackling the driveway once again. I told DH I was going to go and give her a hand with the shoveling before coming into the house, he shrugged, and off I went, shovel in hand. It turned out to not be my neighbor, Colleen, but their house/dog sitter Hannah. My guess is they are on a quick Easter vacation - maybe to visit their daughter at college in Michigan. But Hannah was glad of the help. The snow was VERY waterlogged and extremely heavy, and had a nice frozen crust that needed to be broken through to get down to the concrete driveway. I let her deal with the slope - it was a bit icy and she's considerably younger than I am. I tackled the plow scree, which was heinous, but I managed to get that cleared out for her. Good deed done - LOL. 




There's nothing much worse than snow plow scree, that 
snow that gets kicked up on the right side of the blade. 
It's wet, heavy, and pushes a long way into any driveway. 
It's a PITA to shovel or snow blow. 



It was slow at the shop yesterday. I put it totally on the weather. The snow had stopped falling, but the streets were in the process of edge to edge clearing, and my landlord was just finishing clearing the parking lot with his CAT when I arrived in the morning. I'd say we got about 5 inches from that storm - depending on location. It was a typical Spring snow - very moisture laden, so very VERY heavy. 




Our shop landlord has a lot of different heavy equipment, but 
he loves using his CAT. He gets a lot of use from it in the 
winters, using it to clear the back parking lot at the shop so that 
customers can get into the four businesses in my little 
group of stores. He does a good job, too. He's been a great 
landlord over the years. 



I started building a snow wall at the shop when I shoveled there, but I'm fairly sure it will melt again before the next storm comes through - if we even have another snow. We're late into the winter now, and snow is at a point where it will be sporadic, heavy, but melted quickly. I'm pushing for the melting part - LOL - although our trees desperately need that moisture. So, I'm off to the swimming pool. Have a fabulous Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.





No comments: