Wednesday, March 27, 2024

I'm At Loose Ends and That's NOT Necessarily a Good Thing

Good morning, my friends. It's my usual mid-week morning - unusually rushed because of this and that, and who is silly enough to have to deal with "this and that" at 3:45 am! Only me - LOL. But, I had a lovely meditation, I've got my first load of laundry in the washer, and I'm leaving for the swimming pool in about 30 minutes. So, this post will be short and sweet - or at least, short. 




I feel overweight today - no real reason, I'm within five pounds 
of my ideal weight, so well within my parameters. Still, 
I feel puffy today. Ick. Time for a good, solid swim. 



I started serious work on my Swarovski sheets for our clearance sale yesterday. I'm not sure if it will actually work, but I haven't come up with any alternatives yet, and it's such a HUGE category. I might split it up into beads and pendants - that would make things a bit easier. Or restrict the type/shape of bead to split things up. It's our largest chunk of inventory - we were the area's largest supplier of the product for more than a decade. Now, it's the largest anchor fastening me to the shop, and I have to chip away at the links to gain my freedom. 




Is it Spring yet? It's only March, and last year we still 
had a yard of snow on the ground at this time. Right 
now, however, until last weekend, we were bare ground! 
Now we have snow piles, but they'll be gone soon. 



The difficulty is always streamlining. How to let the customer know "This is what we have available" without overwhelming them, yet keeping things easy for us to pull their requests from the inventory stocks. The fact that the clearance sales are conducted over a full week does help, but it's still challenging to get everything set up to work effectively. I'm turning things over in my mind, and working on ways to make this efficient and easy for everyone on staff and who walks through our doors. 




I was thinking about making some chili, but maybe I'll 
do that on Friday. I really don't need any additional 
meals in my fridge right now - I was very productive 
with last week's cooking times. But, I do love chili - LOL. 



I'll have to check what I've got for food in the refrigerator before heading to the store later today. I think I have enough dinners for the rest of the week, which would allow me to actually shop and cook dinner on Friday instead of today. I know I'll get chicken for tonight (and tomorrow), so that's easy. But ... do I need anything else? I'm sure I do, just don't know exactly what. Anyway, one more set of decisions - LOL. On that note, I'm deciding to end the blog here today. See? I can accomplish something today, despite my loose ends. Have an excellent Wednesday, I'm heading to the swimming pool. I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.




No comments: