Wednesday, October 20, 2021

I Love Being Scheduled, But Everything is Topsy-Turvy Right Now

I really hate being off schedule. I'm a fairly scheduled person and like that feeling of knowing what I should be doing and where I should be going. Unfortunately, Chickie is still off today for the final day of her one-week vacation, and I'm working until Friday. It's a stumbling block for me - my laundry and my grocery shopping (except for emergency rations) won't be done until Friday. We probably won't have a chicken tonight, because I won't be home to get one. And I'll have no Wednesday conversation with my sister-of-the-heart, Aearwen. Blech! I hate working on my main day off. Missing my Friday is inconvenient, missing my Wednesday is almost catastrophic. 




ARGH just about sums it up. I'm going to have to 
hit the grocery store on my way home tonight, and 
hope that they have a chicken. I also need salad 
for the next few days, and some fruit for breakfast 
would be nice. Not having my Wednesday off 
is a total PITA. 



My tattoo artist, Rodney, is having family visit him on the weekend I had suggested, so that's not working out either. That pushes us into November and that could be an issue as well. Still, I'll have to roll with the punches on that one. There are numerous indoor venues and, realistically, my tattoo isn't going anywhere, so we'll catch it as we can. 




Rodney can't make it on one of the few days 
we can intersect, so we're pushed into 
November. I'll probably suggest the Conservatory 
to him - although a few of the museums might 
not be a bad option either. We'll just have to 
figure something out. The tattoo isn't going 
anywhere, and I don't want any additional 
ink until next Spring/Summer, so we have 
time for a photo shoot. 



I'm waiting for one piece of equipment to arrive before I can get back to work on my holiday cards. The design for this year is coming together in my head ... but there's a lot of work that needs to be done, and they're most definitely NOT coming together in reality quite yet. I have all of the actual card materials assembled, but I need to get going on the cutouts and any embossing. I can't do that until my equipment arrives. Argh! I'm super behind on them this year. It's worse that last year's prep during the middle of the COVID epidemic. 




I ordered a new precision paper cutter from Amazon
which should arrive soon. I have 1/16th inch 
of clearance for my cards, so my cuts have to 
be absolutely square and accurate. My current 
guillotine-style cutter is always slightly off, 
although it does a good job, and my decorative edges 
cutter isn't accurate enough either. I'm hoping 
this one will work well. I guess I'll find out. 
I'll be cutting a LOT of paper down to size.  



Now that booster shots seem to have been "approved", I'm probably going to get one. They're also saying that anyone who got the J&J vaccine could get one of the other two for their booster without any problem, and maybe with increased efficacy. If that's the case, I'd probably prefer the Moderna booster, if I can find a location offering it. I'll have to start hunting and see if I can find a place to go. 




If I have the opportunity to choose my brand of booster 
shot, I'd prefer the Moderna. I'm not fond of any additional 
injections, but if a booster is so highly recommended, 
I might have to cave. I'll probably still turn down the 
flu shot, however. I just don't get along well with those. 



On that note, I'm out of here. The pool beckons and I'm paying attention. I got my full mile in on Monday, I'll have to see how well I do today, but I'm at least almost back up to speed. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: