Thursday, January 14, 2021

Snow and Slow Progress, But Progress is Good

Ideally, in 3-1/2 hours I'll be on my way to pick up the truck from the repair shop. The two parts they needed finally arrived late in the afternoon, and although they said they "might" have it done by last night, they actually close before we close the shop, so I told them first thing today would be better. It does mean that I have to drive out in the snow to pay for the repairs, but hopefully, after that, DH can head over to the shop to work for the day and I can return home and hibernate for a few hours before beginning my shoveling the driveway regime. 




By the end of this storm (in this case, by Saturday), we should 
have a total of 4.8" in the Twin Cities. Just a little bit south 
of us, though, the numbers are a LOT higher. It all depends 
on the winds, and I'm hoping that 4.8" total is accurate. 



We're supposed to get anywhere from 3-9 inches of snow over the next two days while this storm blows through. DH is working for me today and I'll work for him tomorrow. He has his driver's license renewal appointment tomorrow morning and if we switch days, he won't be rushed. I consider that a good thing, and I don't mind taking the Thursday instead of the Friday this week. 




I chose this frame for my main set of glasses. I'm a 
bit disappointed in them - they're much larger than 
I thought they would be. I prefer a smaller lens. Still, 
they seem sturdy and well made, so I just won't 
re-order this frame again. 



My two sets of Zenni.com glasses arrived yesterday. Now that I have glasses I can actually use to see with, I can send my favorite frames off to LensesRX and get them re-lensed. When those arrive, I can shelve the Zenni.com glasses on a shelf for emergencies. I'm not fond of the frame I chose for the main pair, they're too large for my face. But the computer glasses aren't bad. Either way, though, it's the lenses I really needed - the frames don't matter. I'm happy to have an up-to-date prescription again, it was sorely needed. 




I chose this lens for my computer glasses. I do like 
this frame - it's a good size and shape. Still, I like 
my specialty frames much better, and will be happy 
to get them back with my updated prescription. 
I'll make do with these two for a while, but they're 
not in my "favorites" list. 



The modem switchover went relatively smoothly. I had to phone Comcast and work with them to get it recognized properly, but it's happy now, lit happily in the corner with my Fing keeping guard on the castle walls. Now I won't have to worry about the modem for a few more years, and it's even 5G capable, if we ever manage to move out of the cave-bear age in my little corner of suburbia. I swear, we have the worst upload and download speeds in the nation - like watching honey move down a wall. 


On that note, I need a cup of tea. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thursday and I plan on being back tomorrow. As always, please be kind, stay safe, and wear your mask. 




No comments: