Tuesday, January 26, 2021

ARGH - It's Enough To Make Me Want to Wallow in Self Pity! That's Just NOT Me!

One of the things the bank needed from us for our PPP Loan Forgiveness were copies of our bank statements. I had taken them home mid-week last week and scanned them in - three months for one account, six for another. I scanned them in and saved them to my hard drive. I thought I had included them in the documents I sent to my banker on Sunday. She emailed me yesterday, and no. They weren't part of the multitude of images I sent along to her. So I was going to send them again. They are nowhere to be found on my hard drive. I've looked in every location I can think of under every name, and searched by dates too, and nowhere! So, today I get to find the damned things again and scan them in once again and send them out again. It's extremely frustrating. 





I have looked everywhere. It would be nice if I found the files 
after re-scanning one of the statements, but who knows. It's 
annoying and quite frustrating. 


The hardest part of getting those documents to the bank is finding the darned bank statements. DH squirrels these things away (probably wise, but it makes things difficult) and he's not at the shop on Tuesdays. I'll have time to take a serious hunt, but it's just one more step of frustration. Maybe I'll be lucky and it'll actually be someplace reasonable - like in a folder or something. But it probably won't be that easy. 





My Discover Card is my personal card. I use it for 
my own expenses and sundries. It's what I use for my 
books and e-books, and for things like my computer 
because I have a very nice credit line built up with 
them over 20+ years of use. 


I received an updated Discover card yesterday for touchless charging. I encourage my customers to use touchless whenever they can, and I'm very pleased to have received the card, but of course it's a new card number and I have charges pending on the old card which have to go through before I can activate the new one. Therefore, it will have to sit for a week or two until all of my pending items (including my new laptop) have cleared. Then I can go ahead and cancel the old and activate the new. I have to be careful to catch all of the automatic places where I have the card registered too. It's not a lot, but they're important. Just one more hoop to jump through. 




Enough of my wallowing in self pity. Isn't the word 
"wallowing" such an unusual word? I might have 
to look up the origin of the word - curiosity ... one 
of the best tools against self pity. LOL



On that rather frustrating note, I think I'm through complaining for the day LOL. Time to be more optimistic and pro-active. I can only wallow in growls for so long. All things considered, my problems are fairly minimal and certainly something that can be overcome with relative ease. And, my dental appointment was excellent - a clear slate including X-rays. Next checkup in June. Huzzah! I'll be back tomorrow. In the meantime, please be kind, stay safe and wear your mask. 




No comments: