Friday, September 25, 2020

Random Thoughts of Fall, Winter and Exercise - A Bit Blah, But That's Life Sometimes

It's Friday, and that makes me very happy. No really good reason, it just does. It's not that I won't have to work today and tomorrow, but the idea that I'm one day closer to Sunday - my day to sleep in a bit and work on things other than the shop - well, it's all good. LOL Today is also one of the final hot days of our summer. Tomorrow we start a quick slide into autumn temps, losing our high of low 80's today to a high of less than 60 on Monday. It's roller-coaster temperature time, with Winter lurking around the corner, held off by the brilliant colors of the Fall harvest. 




Winter is lurking. Right now, he's quite a ways 
down the hallway, behind a door or two. But like 
a bad memory, he's just waiting to spring out and 
frighten you. As he gets closer, I need to try and 
remember the small beauties of that season, not 
just the cold and the endless shoveling of the 
driveway. 



DH has been doing a 2X daily regime of prescription eardrops since Monday. It's a one week regiment, and I'm the one who has to drip four drops of the EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE medicine in every morning and night. I forgot yesterday morning - was out of the door a bit early to get to the bank and the store in the rain and get the bank out of the way as soon as possible. He wasn't extremely happy that he had to self-dose (and admittedly, it's a lot easier to have it done than to do it yourself). Now there's a sign on the door to the garage reminding me to do the eardrops before I leave. 




The structure of the ear lends itself to being
flat when trying to get drops into the 
ear canal. It's really hard to self-administer 
effectively. DH will need eardrops 2X a day 
until Monday morning. 



I had a real struggle to get my two miles in on the treadmill this morning. Normally I just lose myself in my audio book and before I know it, my distance is complete. Today I was fighting through every half mile - not really a lot of fun (although the treadmill is NOT my favorite in any case). My gym is resuming my 5:00 am opening time again on October 1st, and I'm so tempted. But I know I can't resume my activities there until we're either out of business or there is a vaccine that effective. I can't take the chance, just because I'd rather be in the water than on the treadmill. My time in the water will come again and my friends will still be there, or there will be new friends to make. 




I miss the pool and I miss my friends. I get a great all-over 
body workout in the pool, where I mostly exercise my legs 
on the treadmill. I'll start incorporating my Barre back 
into my workout routine again next week and see how 
my pinched nerve behaves. I miss my Barre days. 



So on this Friday, as I look ahead to a day filled with computer keyboarding work (sigh), I wish all of you a glorious day. Enjoy the day fully, do at least one thing that brings you happiness, and please, be kind, stay safe, and wear your mask. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: