Monday, August 3, 2020

It's Post 3500! Where Has The Time Gone?

I truly have no idea when I first posted in my blog. I tried to look it up, but didn't really feel like spending what seemed like forever moving down listings of previously published content. Blogger keeps track of number of posts, however, so I know that today is rather momentous - Post Number 3500! 



Today is the 3500th post in my blog, so I'm celebrating 
with all of you. I write my blog six days a week most 
weeks, approximately 300 posts in an average year. That 
means I've been posting for almost twelve years now. 
I guess I can call this a habit. 



If you're astonished that I could find so much to blab on about for such a long time ... I am too. I never really thought I would start this and allow it to become a habit, but it's actually a good one for me. It allows me to clear my mind, organize my thoughts, and touch base with people. I suppose if I don't post for a few days and I haven't announced a vacation or other reason beforehand, the police should be called. LOL



The small wall at the upper right side is a new 
addition DH made on Saturday. Fortunately his 
saw made the two cuts he needed before it died. 
*sigh* It's another part of our never-ending 
fight with water and drainage and will help keep 
moisture away from our house foundations. 



DH and I worked on the woodshed for most of yesterday. He had hoped to get the roof put onto it, but we didn't get quite that far. Still, we got the rafters cut properly and affixed, and the fascia attached, front and back. I took photos and I'll share them a bit later in the week. We have the shed all wrapped up again now, and he said he'll start work on the second unit on Tuesday, weather permitting. He's never made something with a roof before, so it's a learning experience for him. 



On the lower yard, he extended the water 
system we already had worked on earlier this 
summer, pulling it across the yard and towards 
the creek. We're not sure we like this, and it 
may not have to be this extensive. We'll 
re-evaluate this and might pull it back out 
to where the final curve begins on the left. 



On Saturday, since it was supposed to be a rainy day (which barely happened), he concentrated on a small upper wall improvement and an extension to the drainage ditch that we may pull back out again. Or not. Crossing the extension is a PITA and he needs to bring wheelbarrows across regularly, so unless he builds a bridge (also on his "maybe" list), we'll probably pull the extension back out and replace the soil. 

On that note, I'm off to find pictures for this and then eat breakfast and leave for work. Have an excellent Monday and enjoy your day. Be kind, be safe, and please wear a mask. 




No comments: