Friday, July 3, 2020

The Weekend Is Almost Here - It's Going To Be A Hot One

It's hot - wilting, humid, no breeze hot. There's nothing really to do about it but cozy up with fans in the upper levels and enjoy the relative cool of the bottom level of the house. Still, it makes for sticky, cloying clothes and makes going to work an anticipated, wonderful opportunity because I do have A/C at the shop, and I use it (sparingly). 



I've been looking at purchasing a portable personal air conditioner. They're
quite the new thing, very popular, and are getting good reviews. I don't
want anything that requires me to put hoses through my windows, these
small units don't require outside ventilation or air, they're self-contained. 



DH went grocery shopping for the holiday weekend yesterday and brought home what seemed like half a pig - long lengths of ribs for this week and for next and bratwursts. Just for the sake of novelty, he added ground beef into the mix for some killer burgers on Saturday. So we'll have brats and burgers for Saturday and I'll stick half of the ribs into the crockpot on Sunday - easy, peasy. We won't be starving, which is a good thing and I'm always grateful for food on the table. 



DH picked up two racks of ribs, one for this weekend, one for next. I can't
fault him on this because they're a super easy cook - marinate, add a
rub, put into the crockpot with liquid and Bar-b-que sauce, and let the
crock pot do the work. Easy, peasy. 



Chickie made me two more awesome masks. I'm going to sew the elastic into them today and I'll take a photo of all of my Chickie-masks to share with all of you. The subjects for these two new ones were Egyptian hieroglyphics on one and bicycle racers (a-la Le Tour de France) on the other. She also made DH a wonderful skull and crossbones fabric mask, and he also got a bicycle racers one. We're in the top of fashion, for sure - LOL. 



I've owned a Samsung 7" Portable DVD Player for years now. It
was a holiday gift from DH. I keep it in a handbag that is perfect
for all the different cables, charger and clicker, as well as
DVD's to watch. I'll use it for my Fludity exercise routines to
make sure I'm doing it properly. It might be old fashioned,
but I love my portable DVD player. 



I took a half hour or so and looked at the beginning exercise routine for my Fluidity barre on my laptop. It's a good routine - really hits the muscle groups. I pulled my portable DVD player out of my closet last night, charged it, and I'm ready to go. I love my little player - a holiday gift from DH many years ago. It's one way to watch DVD's without having to load up or tie up the computer or the main TV. For my Fluidity workouts, I think the portable will be perfect. 

On that note, I'm going to wrap this up so that I don't melt away onto my keyboard. Have a wonderful day, I'll be back for a short "Happy 4th of July" post tomorrow, and then return to my "extended" weekend. 




No comments: