Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A New Toy That You Might Like

I take and use a lot of photographs, and have for years. My digital photos are stored, along with much of my life, on my various computers over the years - never truly organized, but at least accessible, if I'm willing to dig deeply enough. However, a computer crash (don't really even want to think of that!) happens, I've lost a lot because the paper versions of digital photos ... no, I don't really have that and printed versions never are as nice as the digital ones in any case. 



I purchased two of these - one for myself and one to
give as a gift to Chickie. I tried mine out on my computer
last night. I have to say, I'm impressed! 



I indulged in following positive reviews, etc, and a sale and purchased a small digital device called
"The Photo Stick" and it arrived earlier this week. I bought two of them, in fact, giving one to Chickie who has been making me so many fabulous masks to wear at the shop and outside of my home. This digital thumbdrive plugs into your computer and self-loads (or you can find the file and double-click on it). I decided to try mine out last night. 




When you click on the big green "GO" button on your
screen, ThePhotoStick goes to work. It eliminates
duplicates and finds all of the photos (and videos if you
also check that option) and stores them. I'm not sure
how long it took, since I started it when I went to bed,
but it was finished when I returned to my computer
early this morning. 



It took me a little bit to find the file, but once I did, and clicked on the large green GO button, it was running through my files, eliminated duplicates, and backing everything up - organized - onto my 128 GB ThePhotoStick. When I returned to my computer this morning, I found it had backed up almost 14,000 photos and still have 3/4 of the drive available. I can update easily and it will only pick up the new photos to add to ThePhotoStick. I think I like this! Because it was so easy to use and because it actually seems to do what it purported to do, I'm recommending it to my friends and readers. 

Because today is a bit of a crazy day - appointments and errands and grocery shopping, etc., I'm going to call this post done for the day and start figuring out the most efficient way to get my errands finished before the heat gets too bad. Have an excellent Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: