Friday, June 19, 2020

Things Are Falling Into Place - Slowly

I received my two new pairs of Keds shoes from Zappos yesterday afternoon. After taking out the foam insert (I always remove them because of my orthotics), I tried the shoes on and ... they FIT! 
It's almost a miracle, getting a set of shoes that fit and are comfortable to wear after only two tries. So, today I'm starting to wear one of the sets to the shop. I'm super happy - a new set of shoes is cause for celebration. 



The new shoes are perfect! The much larger opening allows
for my swollen foot to still fit properly, and the size is
perfect for length too. I'm really happy. I now have two
sets of new shoes that will actually look good! 



I'm totally stressing out about the gym, though. I can't get there until Tuesday (dental appointment on Monday morning conflicts with the gym), but I'm trying to streamline myself as much as possible to be able to get into the pool quickly and leave the gym efficiently. I don't think it's going to be a huge problem, at least not until the winter when more clothing makes speed more difficult. However, I won't have time to waste either. We only have five lanes, and we'll be limited to no more than two people per lane. We're starting an hour later, and we'll be running into the group of people who usually swam at 6:00 am. This has the potential for disaster, but I have to try. My Neoprane ankle brace should be delivered today, that's the final necessary component to getting back into the water. 



I ordered one of these neoprene ankle braces for my
swimming, as well as one other style that's less
brawny for when I'm on the final stages before swimming
without any brace at all. They are due for delivery
today, so I'll be set for the pool on Tuesday. 



Of course there will be no pool toys and accessories available either. No kickboards, no pull bouys, no noodles or flotation belts. I have my own pull bouy, but I usually use a kickboard and I haven't ordered one. I suppose I've resisted ordering one because I can't really use one until I get the final go-ahead from my Podiatrist, and I'm not seeing him until mid-July. But, after more than two months out of the pool, and not a lot of time in it to re acclimate, I'll wish I had a kickboard. I'll use what I have, but I guarantee I'll be SLOW! 



I'm thinking about ordering one of these
kickboards for the pool. It's not expensive
and having my own would resolve any
problems with not having availability.
I'll probably check it out in more detail
at work today and make up my mind. 



Still, I can't really complain. Things are falling into place, slowly, and I'm extremely grateful that if I was going to seriously break my foot, that I did it during Stay-at-Home Quarantine. I had a tough time, but the rest of the world did too, and I think we're all so very anxious to get back to a more open life once again. Now, if we can just do it safely. Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back to wrap up the week tomorrow. 




No comments: