Friday, June 26, 2020

It's Good To Be Back In the Water

I was finally in the water yesterday. Bliss! I got to see my friends Rosemary and John and catch up a little bit with them while we waited for the gym door to open. Then off we were, heading to the locker rooms and then to the pool. I'm so happy to be back in the pool again. 



I love my little YMCA. It's less than ten minutes away
from my house and has everything I need. They're
opening at 6:00 am instead of their usual 5:00 am,
but the pool was still wonderful. 



It was exhausting. I haven't been swimming for quite a long time and my body isn't used to it any more. But I persevered, and by the end of my 50 minutes, I had managed 3/4 of a mile. It might not be the full mile I was doing every day 1-1/2 years ago, but not bad for an extended period away from the water. 



There were a few times on this first time back in the water when I
felt as if I was swimming through mud instead of through
water. But I pushed through and I'm quite happy to have managed
3/4 of a mile. 



I got home in time to share a cup of tea with hubby, then headed over to the shop to get work done before I opened. Around 9:50 am I was growling - "Chickie's running late again". But then I remembered. She had a doctor appointment across town and wasn't going to be in until close to noon. Whoops - I got moving, pulled the cloths off the counters, and got the shop ready to open. I was even on time - LOL. 



I purchased my first two sets of unique frames for my 50th
birthday gift to myself, and added a third when I found
a great set at a good price. I've used LensesRX for my
lenses for many years now and they do a great job. 



The mail brought me a long-awaited package - my new, updated eyeglasses with my trifocal prescription. I have several sets of eyeglasses - each one with a unique custom frame. When I get a new prescription, I send them off, one at a time, to LensesRX in Staten Island for new lenses (fabulous firm - highly recommended). This is my first pair of trifocals. I wanted lined lenses - not progressives, and they are taking a little bit to get used to, but I'm happy. I'm still going to use my computer glasses when I have intensive work to do on-line, but I like the fact that I don't have to constantly change my eyeglasses now. 

DH is NOT happy about my return to the gym. He considers it unsafe. He was so angry that he didn't speak to me at all after stating his opinion. I acknowledged his opinion, but said I would continue to go swimming four days a week. I suppose if I catch or transmit COVID to him, then he was right and I was wrong, but I think that being in chlorinated water and one of the first ten people in the locker room helps keep my chances of health fairly high in a not-so-safe environment. I guess we'll see. Have a wonderful Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: