Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Summer is Here in the Frozen Northlands

Memorial Day has passed, Summer is officially started in the Frozen Northlands, and it's cold-ish, rainy, and semi-shut down due to Covid-19, so ... the new normal. Today DH will be wrangling with the instructions and worksheets for our PPP repayment. If we can fill it out properly, we'll owe interest on the amount we borrowed, but no principal. If we fill it in incorrectly, or if the premise of what we had originally filled out was incorrect, we may owe more than that. I don't regret having tried for the PPP loan, it was the only thing that allowed us to reopen a week ago with everything still in place, including employees. The paperwork for the repayment, however, is a nightmare and DH already has enough grey hair. 



DH has been tearing his hair out (not literally)
trying to fill out the paperwork for the
PPP loan repayment forms. They're a mess!



The two-day weekend was a delight, though. The weather was perfect on Sunday, and we spent hours outdoors enjoying it. On Monday the weather was a bit less pleasant, but still nice enough to go outside for a while, and DH grilled dinner outside - very good! So, here in the Frozen Northlands, Summer is officially here. I know there is such a thing as a calendar, but here, Summer extends from Memorial Day until Labor Day. 



I generally enjoy summer, although the heat waves can be
rather beastly. Still, it's really nice to put the snow blower
and shovels away until after Halloween. 



My friend Sharon wrote a marvelous poem about how we'll all be missing the State Fair this year. I'll ask her permission and if she allows, I'll post it to my blog this week. It was a wonderful read. 

So, on that note, I'm off to grab my breakfast and head off to the shop. It may not be exciting, but that's OK. It's nice to be back to a schedule, even if I am still walking with crutches most of the time. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: