Thursday, February 20, 2020

After Almost a Year, I'm Almost Back to Normal

Tonight is Project Runway, and if things run the way they have been, I'll be posting the photos and results on Saturday. But I'll be watching and making notes tonight. We're down to six designers now, so it's much more cutthroat. 

Yesterday's "day off" was productive, but I didn't get any beading done. I did, however, spend a lot of time thinking about the next step for my Owl Project and I've pretty much figured out the direction I need to take this for the wrap-up. There's still a lot to do on it, but I was at a point in the project where a serious shift in design had to be added, and I wasn't sure how I wanted to approach that. I think I've figured it out now, so I'll try to begin implementing this on Sunday. 



It's time to add some cascading fringe ala Givenchy's
offset fringe on this slip dress. Of course, I'll be doing
it in beads, and the appearance will be quite
different, but the concept will be similar. 



My visit to my Physical Therapist yesterday morning went very well. I went in with a printout of the exercises I've been doing and told Joseph that I needed these consolidated. the schedule I had was based on five days of gym work, but I'm now able to swim two days a week, so my gym days have been cut back from five to three. We went through each exercise and tossed ones that were duplicated in other ways, fine tuning things dramatically. He thinks I'll be able to go through the exercises in twenty minutes now, I think it will take me longer, but either way, I think it was the thing to do. 



When I first started seeing Joseph for my shoulder injury, I
couldn't lift my arm much higher than the 59 degree mark.
Now I'm closer to 100 degrees, and we're pushing for the
full 110 degrees that swimmers usually need. 



He checked my range of motion and mobility and I'm almost back to where I need to be on my shoulder. Rotator cuff injuries are so common for swimmers that it's often nicknamed the "Swimmer's Shoulder". I've recovered almost full rotation, only ten degrees yet to achieve. He said that would be fine for most people, but those in sports that require wide, full swings like swimming and tennis need that extra flexibility. Makes sense to me. 



I don't enjoy having a very messy desk. It does tend to get that way quickly
because I'm dealing with so many things on a daily basis. But I'm
trying to keep it under control. Time for a quick clean again to tame it a bit. 



So, as I wrap this up and begin to get into an exercise mind set, I'm looking at my desk and realizing I need to clean it up once again. It's actually still in pretty good condition from the "major" clean-up I did a few weeks ago, but it's a flat surface and things accumulate. Time to dig back down to a true desktop once again - LOL. Have a wonderful Thursday and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: