Monday, December 9, 2019

Monday Monday - An Unusual "Day Off"

On Sunday I went onto my emails quickly and noticed an update by FedEx. Instead of delivering the package (to the wrong place - home instead of the shop), they also won't be delivering it until Wednesday. Now normally Wednesday wouldn't be a problem, I'd be home because it's usually my "day off". This week, however, Monday is my "day off" so that Chickie can be with her family on Wednesday while her Dad has triple-bypass surgery. Of course, I also looked over the invoice for the "lost" shipment once again, and noticed they charged me for shipping - something that was supposed to be no-charge for orders of more than $100 placed on-line. Guess I get to phone them today and express my TOTAL dissatisfaction with this order. GRRRR 



Normally FedEx is pretty good. I'm putting this firmly
on the feet of the company I purchased from, not on
the delivery company. 



I'm busy inking holiday cards - it'll be my main thing for today. The 4"-8" snow we were expected to get has been dropped to 2"-4" and will happen between 3:00 am and 10:00 am today. As of this writing (4:00 am), it's still fine out. I'll probably get out of the gym after my workout and have to brush off the car before heading out on the roads. As storms go, I think we've probably missed the worst here and I'm quite grateful. 



It's always fun getting holiday cards, and they've started to arrive at
my door which makes me very happy. I'm working hard on getting mine
finished and out to their various destinations. 



Holiday cards have been arriving, I'm happily collecting them and when I have enough, I'll put them across the mantle as I usually do. It's always so festive and really makes me happy. I have one really nice gift for Sharon, but was hoping to find another. That hunt isn't panning out, though, so one large box for a rather small, but poorly sized, item may be the gift this year. I buy her things often, though, so she may end up with a mid-summer's extra instead. 



I often get things for Sharon that I think she'll like. She didn't
get this hat when we were at the State Fair this past summer,
but it looked pretty good on her - LOL. Just to reassure her -
I didn't buy it on the sly and it's NOT what she's getting for
Christmas. 



Today's goal - some minor grocery shopping, the gym (of course), and working on cards - my main focus. There's still a lot that needs to be done on them and it's not going to happen by waving a magic wand and chanting appropriate incantations. Here's hoping your Monday goes smoothly,  I'll be back tomorrow just in time for our first cold snap. Yummy ... NOT! LOL. 




No comments: