Saturday, November 30, 2019

Looking Forward To My Last Sunday Off For A Month

Yesterday I emailed my computer guru, attaching photos of what I was seeing when I attempted to power up my desktop computer - that dreaded Blue Screen of Death and the other things it splashed up on screen while attempting to communicate with me. Unfortunately, I don't speak code, so the computer and I are always at a disadvantage as we work through our daily lives together. 

My guru came back with '...he's busy with the horses as soon as it gets light, but as soon as he's finished feeding them, I can bring the computer on by and he'll change out the on/off switch while he's at it since he has those back in stock'. That totally works for me, and I responded later with an "I'll see you on Wednesday morning". He did say what he thought the screen gobble-d-gook was saying to me, but that's a language I don't speak well, so I'll leave it up to him - LOL. 

With luck, I'll be back up and running later on Wednesday, although if it's going to take long, I'll have to leave it and pick it back up the following week. I'm hoping for just a few days of no pictures in my blog, but it could stretch longer depending on the condition of my hard drive. I'll cobble on with my laptop and DH's computer in the meantime. It can work. 

Our Black Friday Sale was a wonderful success, all of the staff worked really well with the various customers and we pulled in the end of day dollar amounts I was looking for. Usually our second day isn't quite as good, but we'll see. Day 2's a bit harder one for us to work because of the items we feature for the sale, so my staff will get in each other's way more, but we'll be rewarded by our final Sunday off ... until after the Christmas holiday. Ugh! 






So, have a wonderful Saturday and a great weekend, and I'll be back on Monday - still on the laptop. I'm suddenly very grateful that I indulged in the purchase of my laptop years ago. It's been a workhorse over the years, despite it's being "FrankenSmaug" with bolts holding the chassis together, and tape around a few corners. Come to think of it, I guess I'm not that different - I've aged into my own bolts and tape and I'm still running strong - LOL. Happy Saturday. 




No comments: