Thursday, September 19, 2019

Yesterday Was An Organizational Tornado

Yesterday was crazy-busy, not just the standard laundry and grocery and making dinner chores, but also working on the craft room. DH had finished the lower craft room storage nooks and replaced my craft bins into them rather willy-nilly. (I do love that term - willy-nilly. Always makes me smile.) I, however, needed to get the bins organized, get stamps with stamps, beads with beads, and art supplies with art supplies. So, yesterday I pulled out every one of the large bins (I have a dozen of them) and started organizing, labeling and consolidating. 

I was just finishing up the trash collection when DH arrived home from work, so it took all afternoon, with an hour off for my weekly, delightful convo with Aearwen. By the end of the day, the twelve bins were back in their cubbies, labeled appropriately. At least two of the bins are a bit of throw-together, not the way I want them to stay, but I need to think about where I need to put things. My conclusions? 



At this point in the sort, more than half of the bins have
already been loaded, relabeled, and returned to my
shelving. In the distance are five bins that I'm still
working on. What a mess! 



I have too many beads. WAY too many beads. Of course, that walks alongside me since I own and operate a store that sells beads, but really! I have racks of beads to choose from, and I ended up with another very full bin of seed beads. My pressed glass beads are overflowing, and my art glass beads (which have now been separated into individual compartments in a different type of storage bin) are drop-dead gorgeous. Oops! Yeah ... maybe that "drop dead gorgeous" theme is the major root of my "too many beads" problem. 

I have a LOT of stamps. I actually rarely use stamps, but I use them for my holiday cards each year, and I have collected stamps for those cards for more than a decade now. The stamps have now been collected in a bin of their own, but they need to be organized because finding anything in that bin will be a nightmare. I'll have to figure something out that won't take a ton of space. *sigh* 



Once the bins are on the shelves, things are wonderful.
Here, five of them are shelved and labeled. The labels
are things like "Bookbinding and Leatherwork" or
"Yarns, Ribbons and Shoes to Paint". Thank goodness
for my label-maker. It makes my life so much easier. 



I have a lot of varied art supplies. I have book binding supplies along with specialized brushes. I have silk painting supplies along with specialized brushes. I have sketchbooks and watercolor paper enough to pave a road from here to Des Moines. Oh, and I have brushes. Did I mention that I have brushes. *sigh* Of course, this doesn't even count my specialized paints which are on their paint stands in a totally different place in my craft area, along with more brushes. I might be addicted to brushes. 

So, I shared two photos with you above - an in-progress, and a "putting bins into their home" shot. Each bin is now labeled, and at least I know what's in each one. My conundrum for the day? I still haven't located my paper dies. I have dies that marry with many of my stamps so that I can do cut-paper work similar to the fox from two or three years ago. Almost all of my dies are missing. A serious hunt is looming on my agenda for next week. I need two specific dies that I know I own. Time to excavate. 

Have a wonderful and productive Thursday. I'm off to grab a quick breakfast, then drop my laptop at the shop and head over for Physical Therapy. It's all good, if he's receive the go-ahead to work on my knee. It keeps getting worse, and I'm not happy about it. I'll be back tomorrow. 


No comments: