Monday, June 3, 2019

Have I Packed Everything? I'm Running Out of Time!

I have almost everything packed and ready to go. Of course, that means the little "did you remember..." mice are running around in my head, trying to make sure I have the silly things like toothbrush, vitamins and enough underwear. Thank goodness for those little mice. I just wish they wouldn't be so active while I'm sleeping because I'll awaken from a deep sleep wondering if I remembered X or Y, only to realize that I packed it the day before. Leaving for "vacation" is exhausting. I might need a vacation from my vacation. 



It might not be quite this bad, but I don't get vacations unless
I actually leave town or my BFF Sharon comes over to
visit. Except for those two times, I'm working every week. 



I'll still post tomorrow, but shortly after I get done with my morning workout, I'll be switching my gym bag for my suitcases and heading out. I'm usually on the road by 6:00 am, but I'm also usually way too early for my hotel, so this time I'm leaving a bit later. It might bite me, but I'm not really that focused on time tomorrow. Starting Wednesday I'm on the clock - three days of intensive workshop followed by one semi-lazy day with a single three-hour class in the evening. 



I am taking a short, three-hour class on Saturday night from
an instructor I've had before and have really enjoyed. I'll
be learning how to color copper with flame - something
I've done before with limited success. I'm hoping to hone
my skills by taking this short class. 



I decided to stay at the Hyatt again this year. There are two host hotels, and I've stayed at each of them over the years. The Hilton is gorgeous - total art-deco inside and out with nooks and crannies everywhere. It's a great place to stay. But the Hyatt has been my hotel since the show moved to Milwaukee in 2000 and I've got a lot of friends on the staff there. I also like their bar a lot better, and having a drink after a hard day is always a plus. 



The Hyatt is a square built around a central open courtyard with this
crazy metallic sculpture suspended and glass elevators to take you
up and down to your rooms. I've stayed here for years and I really like
the hotel and the personnel. 



But mainly, I'm 90% packed, almost ready to go, and I'll finalize things tonight. I'm having the usual bisected feelings - I'm looking forward to the trip and the classes on the one hand, and just hoping it's a good experience on the other. I've had both on this annual junket in the past. I'm really looking for that sunshine sky, good friends, and a positive experience. I'm always hoping for the best. 



From the outside, the hotel looks a little spacy. When I first started
coming here the very top was a rotating restaurant and my roomie and
I loved having a final night's dinner up there. It serves various
functions now, but is no longer a restaurant. 



So I'm off to the gym. I still have two weeks before I can see my Doctor about my arm pain, so no swimming. But I'll at least sweat while getting miles in on the machines. Have a great Monday and enjoy your day. I'll be back tomorrow before I hit the road. 




No comments: