Friday, February 1, 2019

February is Here and Temperatures are Rising

I've got 15 minutes to write and post my blog this morning. Let's see how I can do on this race, and welcome to February, by the way. 



February might be the shortest month, but it still holds
so much potential. Let's see how well we can fill this month
 with meaningful things and happiness. 



Temps are tolerable and I allowed myself a lot of sleep last night, with a lovely afghan over my quilt so that I was cozy and warm. I feel like a totally different person this morning, and the fact that it is only -2, a single digit, makes me almost ecstatic. DH will wait until noon when it should actually be 10-12 ABOVE zero and pull the snow from the roof. After he's finished with that, he'll go to the grocer and get food for Super Bowl Sunday. I told him it was his responsibility to provide the food this year since everything I mentioned to him he nixed. 



DH and I will be watching Super Bowl LIII on Sunday, as will
much of the nation. I'm not thrilled with the teams - I don't
like New England, and Los Angeles doesn't really ring my
chines either, but it's the last football game until late summer,
so I'll be glued to the TV. 



Yesterday I skipped the gym for the second day in a row - just couldn't face those brutal temps. But today I'm sitting here in my gym clothes and looking forward to getting back. I'm trying a new schedule - swimming on Monday through Wednesday and on Saturday, the machines on Thursday and Friday. I love the arm exercise that swimming provides (hell - swimming is an all-around fabulous exercise), but the machines challenge me in a different way between the elliptical and the recumbent bike, I end up a sweaty mess. I'm probably just as sweaty in the pool, but the waters will never tell the secret. Anyway, I'll try this schedule for February and then reassess once again. 




We're finally out of the Polar Vortex and it's moving a bit east as it
retreats. If you're going to be affected at all, dress in layers and
bundle, bundle, bundle!  



So, as we finally pull out of our Polar Vortex and it pulls away, clipping the East and other friends who will be shivering, I'm going to wish all of you a wonderful Friday, February 1st. Enjoy your day, bundle up appropriately for your area of the world, and do something kind for someone today because that's a warmth that's all too often missed or forgotten. I'll be back tomorrow. 





No comments: