Thursday, February 14, 2019

Cold, Crisp, Clear and Beautiful AND Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, for those of you who celebrate it. DH and I don't go all out on V-Day at all, although we sometimes treat ourselves to a nice dessert. We usually push off celebrations to the weekend and avoid the celebratory scene completely. 



Happy Valentine's Day to all of my friends and readers. 



Yesterday was a truly gorgeous day here in the Frozen Northlands - reminding me once again about why I love living here so much. It was blue skies and sunshine, crisp (cold) temperatures, icicles and pristine snow everywhere. I'm quite sure the snowshoe and cross-country ski enthusiasts were going crazy happy with yesterday's snow pack and sunshine. We've had twenty-seven inches of snow over the past two weeks, so people who were starved for winter sports were heading out into the crisp cold and crowding the slopes, parks, and recreational areas across the state. 



This photo illustrates snowshoeing along the North Shore area of
the Frozen Northlands. It can be exceptionally beautiful in that
far northern part of my state. 



We're probably back into clouds today, and that's OK too, but those sunshine-filled winter days remind me of my youth in Colorado. Just beautiful. 



Even here, in the Cities, our regional parks and nature areas
have trails for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Yesterday
would have been an ideal day to put on the goggles and
head to the open spaces. Time didn't permit, though. My
day off is usually pretty filled with tasks and errands. 



I'm remarkably uninspired to write today, so I'm going to be lazy and just plug in photos of sunshine and snow to illustrate winter at its best. I'm sure I'll be wishing for more blue skies as we move back into storms and wind. Have a wonderful Thursday. Be safe, be warm, be kind. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with more to say - LOL. 




No comments: