Friday, February 15, 2019

A Valentine's Day Dinner Surprise

Although I awakened ten minutes early today, I'm now running 20 minutes late. That's going to make today's post short and sweet. 



Life is never easy with DH, but he can surprise me with the
nicest things sometimes. Since we've been together for
more than 40 years now, I guess I'll keep him. 



DH was a sweetheart yesterday. For Valentine's Day, he cooked me a lovely dinner of wild-rice stuffed chicken breast, green beans almondine, saffron-flavored noodles and shrimp with cocktail sauce. I bought him heart-shaped cookies to celebrate the day. 



He's not that crazy about shrimp, but knows that I love the little
critters dipped in cocktail sauce. Yummy! 



Even the snow for the day was cooperative with less than an inch falling in the afternoon. Yes, I still had to brush off the car before heading home, but I barely had to shovel at all and we're settled into a few days of little-to-no snow in the forecast. I can so live with that. 



Dessert was a limoncello gourmet cupcake - one of
my favorites. I'm up one pound this morning, and
it was worth it. Now to work it right back off. 



So, with all of this in mind, I'm running out of here and hitting the elliptical and the bicycle at the gym today. Because they have a Spotify feature on their machines, I can listen to some serious music while doing my two machine days a week, and that's been WAY fun. 

Have a great Friday and I'll return tomorrow. 



No comments: