Friday, January 11, 2019

Windows of Opportunity

I'm stumped today. It's cold, I'm tired, and I'm not really in a mood to talk - nothing really to share. It's a boring time of the year. January is usually the time to start anew - make resolutions, try new things, set new routines. I can't disagree with that, but my "new routines" have more to do with the fact that I'm not allowed to swim for another 1-1/2 weeks than more standard resolutions. I really didn't make any resolutions this year, I just want to get through the year intact, happy, and having accomplished something by the end. That's harder than it sounds. 



Among the most common New Year Resolutions are
those listed here. If anyone were to try all of these at
the same time, they would have a good chance of failure.
That's a LOT to strive for. Choose a single goal and
stick to it. Often others will follow along automatically. 



Chickie finally had a night to pack last night. Her mother accidentally packed the drill, so it's over at the new house instead of at the apartment where it's actually needed. Oops! Still, she finally (maybe) managed to get it through her Mom's head - she HAS to pack. The movers are scheduled to get her stuff moved out of the apartment and into the new place on Saturday, the 19th, and that gives her SEVEN DAYS to get her crap packed to move. 



Windows of opportunity don't stay open forever. Chickie's
window of opportunity for packing and getting moved into
the new house is closing firmly in eight days! 



Why has she ended up with such a short window of time to get this done? Because the past month was spent helping her Mom get the last of her stuff packed, the house cleaned, supervising the movers getting her Mom's stuff from the storage shed and other things - in other words - all of her Mom's stuff. I adore Chickie's Mom, consider her a good friend, but it's time for her to do her own thing for a couple of weeks. The clock is ticking and Chickie's window of opportunity is closing quickly. 



Isn't this a great window of opportunity? It makes you
want to climb out and explore the place beyond
the frame, doesn't it? 



Fortunately, after Chickie's stuff is all moved to the new digs, she'll still have the lease on the apartment until the end of January, so she'll have time to patch, paint and clean before she vacates completely. I feel a bit sorry for her housemate, Sabrina. It's a large Queen Anne-style house - three stories tall, and Sabrina will be the only tenant in that big house once Chickie moves away. That's a lot of empty space and she doesn't even have a dog to keep her company any more. I suspect she'll also look into moving, but who knows for sure. 



I'm really loving this open window view too. Just
look at the perfect positioning in the
top round window. Beautiful. Unfortunately,
I have no idea where this is located. There
wasn't a location given in the original photo
caption. 



So - I ended up with things to talk about after all! It's amazing what the mind can come up with when I let it roam a bit. Are you a person who moves a lot? I know most of my friends have pretty deep roots in their homes and towns. I absolutely dread the thought of ever moving out of my house - too much crap to pack and move, and nightmare wouldn't begin to describe it! Have an excellent Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. Enjoy a productive and joy-filled day! 


No comments: